Whether you are only now looking for a tooth replacement option or you have had dentures for several years, you have likely heard that dental implants are your best bet when it comes to replacing missing teeth. That being said, many people are deterred at first due to the initial cost of the restoration. Continue reading to learn about the numerous benefits of dental implants so you can determine if they are worth the cost for you.
What Are the Benefits of Dental Implants?
Dental implants are very popular because they have so many unique advantages. Here are some of the more prominent:
- Easier to Maintain: When you have dentures, you need to stay stocked up on adhesives and soaking solutions. As for dental implants, you just care for them how you would with your natural teeth. Just brush twice, floss, and rinse every day. Give your dentist a visit for regular cleanings and checkups.
- No Eating Restrictions: You should stick to softer foods until your implants completely heal, but after this, you will be able to eat pretty much any of your favorite foods again. Whether you like thin crust pizza or steak, anything is fair game! Dental implants restore up to 90% of your chewing power, so there is no need to put restrictions on your menu.
- Prevent Bone Deterioration: Dental implants are the only tooth replacement option out there that replace the root of the missing tooth, therefore stimulating the jawbone with regular chewing. This prevents the jawbone from shrinking over time.
- Long-Lasting: Dentures and other tooth replacement options need to be repaired and replaced periodically, but dental implants can last upwards of three decades or even the rest of your life when maintained properly. You may never have to worry about your missing teeth again!
- Increased Comfort: Dentures don’t quite like the teeth you used to have. They shouldn’t be causing you any pain, but they aren’t the most comfortable thing in the world. Once dental implants are completely healed, you will notice that they feel so similar, you may even forget that they aren’t natural.
Are Dental Implants Worth the Cost?
The cost of dental implants is a common concern. It’s no secret that dental implants are an investment, but you need to remember that they pay for themselves when it comes to your oral health. In fact, you could even end up saving money in the long run. For instance, you won’t need to stock up on adhesives or soaking solutions. There is also no need for routine repairs and replacements. Ultimately, many patients find that getting their smile back is priceless!
If you aren’t sure about whether or not dental implants are worth the cost, it doesn’t hurt to schedule a consultation with your dentist. This way, you can find out if you make a good candidate, learn about the cost, and ask questions. You will have your smile back in no time!
About the Author
Dr. Mo Saleh is an experienced dentist who has been practicing in Ohio for several years now. He earned his dental doctorate from the Tufts University School of Dental Medicine and has received advanced training in cosmetic dentistry and full mouth rehabilitation. Currently, he is a proud member of the American Dental Association, Ohio Dental Association, Greater Cleveland Dental Society, and Light Force of America. For more information on dental implants or to schedule a consultation at his office in Brecksville, visit his website or call (440) 546-9494.