Dental Crowns – Brecksville, OH
Essential Protection for Damaged Teeth
Poor oral hygiene, a sports-related injury, or an accident around the home can result in a damaged or decayed tooth. No matter how your tooth becomes compromised, the important thing is that you take action. Without proper protection, your damaged tooth may be vulnerable to serious oral health trouble in the future. That is where dental crowns in Brecksville come in. At Brecksville Dental Excellence, Dr. Mo Saleh creates attractive, durable crowns right here in our office to protect and restore teeth.
Why Choose Brecksville Dental Excellence for Dental Crowns?
- Same-Day, Customized Dental Crowns
- High-Quality Materials Built to Last
- Advanced Dental Technology for Premium Results
What Is a Dental Crown?
A dental crown is a permanent restoration that protects a single tooth from further damage or decay. Shaped like a cap, a crown is placed over a weakened tooth to restore its shape, size, and strength. Custom crowns can be crafted from a wide variety of materials at different price points, including gold, ceramic, porcelain, and other metal alloys.
You may be a good candidate for a dental crown in Brecksville if you have a:
- Broken, cracked, or fractured tooth
- Tooth that has just received root canal therapy
- Tooth with a large dental filling that needs extra support
- Stained or discolored tooth
- Misshapen or undersized tooth
The Dental Crown Process
Traditionally, getting a dental crown placed would require two trips to a dentist. However, at Brecksville Dental Excellence, Dr. Saleh can create custom-made crowns in just a single appointment thanks to CEREC technology!
The CEREC system (which stands for Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics), utilizes computer-assisted design and manufacturing technology to craft high-quality crowns in-office.
Here is what you can expect when you visit us for a dental crown:
- First, Dr. Saleh will prepare your tooth by filing it down to make room for your restoration.
- Next, he will use a very small intraoral camera to capture a digital impression of your tooth.
- This impression will be uploaded to the CEREC software, which Dr. Saleh will use to make a virtual model of your tooth and custom crown.
- The data from the model will be transmitted to our in-office CEREC milling machine, which will carve your new dental crown from a ceramic block while you wait! This process is typically completed in less than one hour.
- Once your crown is ready, Dr. Saleh will place it over your tooth and check to make sure it fits properly.
The Benefits of Getting a Dental Crown
If you do not take action, a damaged or decayed tooth will likely grow worse over time. Eventually, the affected tooth may even need to be extracted. That is why it is so important to protect a compromised tooth with a dental crown. The benefits of getting a dental crown include:
- Improved chewing ability
- Increased comfort
- Reduced risk of further tooth damage
- Prevent future tooth extractions
- Customized to look and feel natural
- Lifespan of 15+ years with proper oral hygiene and routine checkups
If you believe your smile could benefit from a durable dental crown, do not hesitate to schedule an initial consultation with Dr. Saleh, an experienced dentist in Brecksville!