Veneers – Brecksville, OH
Achieve a Flawless Smile with Veneers
Perfect teeth are not just for Hollywood actors. Whether you have chipped, cracked, or stained teeth, you too can achieve a beautiful smile thanks to veneers in Brecksville. At Brecksville Dental Excellence, we use high-quality porcelain to craft custom veneers that completely transform our patients’ teeth. If you are not 100% happy with your smile, you should consider whether veneer treatment is right for you.
What Are Dental Veneers?
Veneers are thin shells that are attached to the front of teeth to hide dental imperfections. Typically crafted from ceramic or porcelain, veneers are both extremely durable and versatile. Depending on your unique situation, veneer treatment can cover up one cracked tooth, rejuvenate multiple teeth or transform your entire smile. You may benefit from veneers if you are bothered by any of the following:
- Chipped teeth
- Misaligned or misshapen teeth
- Stained or discolored teeth
- Gaps in between teeth
- Smaller than average teeth
The Process of Getting Veneers
Veneer treatment is typically completed in just two easy trips to our conveniently located office in Brecksville. During your initial consultation, Dr. Saleh will examine your teeth and discuss your unique smile goals. If he determines that veneers are the best treatment to address your dental flaws, he will prepare your teeth by removing an extremely thin layer of enamel. This step ensures that your veneers will have enough room to fit comfortably and naturally on top of your teeth.
Next, Dr. Saleh will take impressions of your teeth and determine the right shade of color for your veneers. If you are replacing all or most of your front teeth, you can brighten your smile by choosing a whiter shade than your enamel.
The impressions of your teeth will be sent to a dental lab, where your custom veneers will be carefully crafted. This step can take several weeks, so while you wait we will place temporary veneers to protect your teeth until your permanent ones are ready.
Once your permanent veneers have arrived at our office, we will welcome you back so Dr. Saleh can secure them to your teeth using a bonding cement and special curing light. You will be able to leave this same day with your new and improved smile!
The Benefits of Veneers
Veneers are one of the most popular cosmetic treatments for good reason! Here are a few of the many benefits of veneers:
- Brighter Smile – Porcelain is more resistant to staining than natural enamel, so you can brighten your smile for years to come with veneers.
- Natural Appearance – Veneers have a translucent appearance just like enamel, so they blend in seamlessly with natural teeth.
- Minimally Invasive – There is no need to go home and rest after getting veneers. Instead, you can return to your normal routine and start showing off your new smile!
- Long-Term Solution – With proper care, veneers can easily last 10 to 15 years.
To learn more about veneer treatment, contact our office today to schedule a consultation with Dr. Saleh, an experienced cosmetic dentist in Brecksville.
Understanding the Cost of Veneers
In cosmetic dental work, the price reflects the quality. As such, the cost of veneers in Brecksville is almost always justified. After all, it’s a great investment in a Hollywood-level smile! That said, we at Brecksville Dental Excellence want you to get the right service for your needs. Listed below, then, are the financial aspects of our cosmetic procedures. Consider them carefully to see if veneers are your best option. Otherwise, you can always call our office for more details.
Cost vs. Cosmetic Dentistry: What’s Right for Me?
If you don’t already know, cosmetic services differ from one another. In particular, they can vary in price and results. It’s thus a good idea to weigh their features before getting treatment. To that end, consider the procedures below:
- Teeth Whitening: Whitening whitens enamel quickly and at a mid-level price. Still, it’s a limited procedure — whiteners don’t affect tooth position or shape. For that reason, only count on it to improve your smile’s color.
- Cosmetic Dental Bonding: As the quickest and cheapest cosmetic option, dental bonding fixes minor tooth flaws with little hassle. It’s especially good at reshaping damaged teeth. However, bonding’s low price and high speed mean it doesn’t last long. It needs follow-up work every few years.
- Metal-Free Crowns : Metal-free crowns are ceramic “caps” that cover the tops of damaged teeth. Due to relying on tooth-colored materials, they blend seamlessly with your smile. Their good looks, though, make them pricier than other cosmetic procedures.
- Gum Recontouring: Overall, gum recontouring is highly cost-effective. For only a few hundred dollars per tooth, it removes excess gum tissue to reveal more of your pearly whites. Better yet, its results are permanent since the removed parts don’t grow back.
- Veneers: As porcelain shells that cover teeth’ fronts, veneers transform every aspect of your smile. Whether you need a boost in tooth color, shape, or position, they can handle it. Just remember that they aren’t cheap, as they rely on expensive, high-quality materials.
How to Make Veneers Affordable
In most cases, veneers aren’t covered by dental plans. Insurance providers don’t consider them “medically necessary” enough to warrant coverage. Even so, there are other ways to make veneers more affordable.
Take our own Brecksville Dental Excellence, for example. We offer the following options:
- Special Offers: Our office can give you the New Patient Special if you want a veneer consultation. The procedure would include an oral exam, professional cleaning, and X-rays for only $79!
- Flexible Financing: Our team also offers flexible financing through CareCredit. With this service, you can pay for a treatment with low-interest monthly installments. That way, you’ll cover the cost over time instead of all at once.
If you’d like to learn more about the cost of veneers in Brecksville, book a visit to our practice soon! We’d be happy to transform your smile in a way that works for your budget.
Don’t like what you see when you smile in the mirror? If so, you may be considering getting veneers in Brecksville. Not only are they incredibly versatile, but they can last several decades with proper maintenance. It’s no wonder they’ve become one of the most popular cosmetic dental treatments! Before moving forward with the process, you likely have some lingering questions in mind. Our team wants you to be as well-informed as possible, which is why we’ve decided to answer some below.
Are Veneers Permanent?
No, veneers are not considered permanent. However, they aren’t a reversible procedure either. A small amount of enamel is removed to ensure a proper and secure fit. Because natural enamel cannot grow back, your altered teeth will always need to be covered with veneers or crowns. Fortunately, veneers can last well over a decade with the right care. You won’t have to worry about replacing them frequently!
How Many Veneers Will I Need?
It depends on your unique situation. If needed, a veneer can be attached to a single tooth to fix a chip or crack. Since the overall goal of veneers is to improve your smile, we often recommend applying more than one to the teeth most visible when you show off your pearly whites.
The average patient needs about 6 to 8 veneers, but it’s not uncommon to require 10 or 12 depending on your plan. Don’t worry – we’ll discuss how many veneers you will need at your initial consultation.
How Are Veneers Different Than Crowns?
Both veneers and crowns are made of dental-grade porcelain, which is a durable and natural-looking material. One significant difference between the two is that a crown covers the entire visible portion of a tooth, while a veneer will only conceal the front side. Also, dental crowns go a step further by providing restorative benefits to protect your smile from damage. During your consultation, we’ll discuss the pros and cons of each service to determine which option is better for you.
Is It Painful to Get Veneers?
Many patients are hesitant to get veneers because they’re worried it’ll be a painful procedure. However, it’s much more comfortable than you think! Since your mouth will be numb for veneer placement, the procedure itself shouldn’t hurt.
It’s worth noting that you may experience mild sensitivity and pain following this treatment. The level of discomfort you feel will depend on the number of veneers being placed. Two to four veneers usually cause little to no pain, while eight or more can lead to soreness in the gums and the jaw. Luckily, you can manage any post-treatment discomfort with over-the-counter medication and saltwater rinses.