Dental Implants – Brecksville, OH
The Modern Solution
for Missing Teeth
Dental implants are a modern development in dentistry that allows patients to replace the entire structure of missing teeth, including the roots and the biting surface. This revolutionary tooth replacement treatment is unlike other traditional restorations, and it can be used to restore a single tooth, several teeth, or an entire arch depending on your needs. Dr. Saleh is able to complete the whole process under one roof as well, allowing you to start and finish your dental implants in Brecksville, OH with the same trusted team of professionals.
Why Choose Brecksville Dental Excellence for Dental Implants?
Dental Implant Treatment
Advanced Cone Beam
All-on-4 Dental Implant
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants themselves are small, titanium posts that are surgically placed below the gumline into the jawbone where the roots of your missing teeth once were. Due to their biocompatible nature, they’re able to fuse with your bone, making them extremely stable and durable. These are then used to support a crown, bridge, or denture that will bring back the visible portion of your tooth/teeth.
The Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants are quickly becoming the most popular way to replace missing teeth. In fact, research indicates that their prevalence has increased by 6.3% between 2019 and 2020 alone! Dental implants offer a wide range of important benefits for your quality of life that you simply can’t get with other options. That’s why they’re widely considered by both dentists and patients alike to be the gold standard of tooth replacement!
- Eat without worry: Patients with dentures and dental bridges tend to shy away from foods like corn on the cob, apples, and steak. Thanks to the unique placement of dental implants, you can expect to regain 80% or more of your natural biting force (compared to just 25-30% from dentures and bridges). This means you will be able to easily eat anything on your plate.
- Enjoy all your favorite beverages: Those with other tooth replacement options also typically avoid staining beverages like coffee or wine and need to be careful when drinking hot beverages. On the other hand, dental implants aren’t vulnerable to discoloration or warping from temperatures, you can keep enjoying all your favorited drinks!
- Smile with confidence: Dental implants are designed to look and feel just like natural teeth. You’ll never have to worry about them slipping or popping out of place as you go about your day, and your custom restorations will be virtually indistinguishable from natural teeth.
- No gum irritation or tooth sensitivity: Dental bridges require enamel to be removed from your remaining teeth, which weakens them and can cause sensitivity. Dentures can eventually cause gum irritation and jaw soreness as they lose their fit over time. Dental implants are anchored into the jawbone like real teeth and don't cause any of these problems.
- Preserve your jawbone & youthful appearance: Dental implants are the only tooth loss solution that replaces the roots of a missing tooth. This stimulates blood flow in the jawbone and keeps it strong, which in turn prevents the sunken, aged appearance that usually comes with tooth loss.
- Keep a healthy mouth & body: Since dental implants are so easy to care for, they help lower your risk of issues like tooth decay and gum disease. What’s more, a study published in Periodontology found that those who were missing five or more teeth at the age of 65 were more likely to suffer from cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and osteoporosis.
- Live longer: Completing your smile with dental implants can help you live longer. Recent studies show that patients with 20 or more teeth at 70 years old have a considerably higher chance of living longer than those with less.
- Lasting results you can count on: Dental implants have a success rate of over 95%. With the right care, you can easily expect your newly rebuilt smile to last a lifetime.
- Save time & money on your smile: While dental implants may have a higher initial cost than dentures and dental bridges, they will likely save you countless hours and thousands of dollars in replacements, repairs, cleaning products, and trips to your dentist over time.
Are Dental Implants Right for You?
Dental implants aren’t always the ideal tooth replacement option for everybody. That’s why it’s important to schedule a consultation with Dr. Saleh so he can examine your mouth, learn about your goals, and help you choose the right treatment. If you are a good candidate for implants, he will outline a customized treatment plan for you and walk you through how every step of the process will work.
Missing Single Tooth
For a single missing tooth, we can place one dental implant in the area below your gums. After you’ve healed, we’ll then attach an abutment onto the implant. This small, metal connector piece will secure a customized dental crown in place.
Missing Multiple Teeth
To restore multiple missing teeth in a row, we can place two dental implants at either end of the gap in your smile. Then, we will attach a custom-crafted prosthetic that is anchored to the implants instead of your natural teeth.
Missing All Teeth
An entire arch of missing teeth can be restored with an implant-retained denture. Depending on your needs, we’ll place anywhere from four to eight implants along your gumline. Once you’ve healed from surgery, we’ll secure a customized denture to the implants, completing your smile. With the addition of dental implants, you won’t need to worry about your denture slipping or shifting in your mouth.
At Brecksville Dental Excellence, our skilled and knowledgeable team is able to complete the entire dental implant procedure under our roof, including the surgery. Dr. Saleh is highly skilled and has undergone additional training in full mouth rehabilitation, allowing him to achieve ideal results.
Understanding the Cost of Dental Implants
Each dental implant procedure is customized to meet a patient's unique needs, so if you’re missing one tooth, your treatment will likely cost less than somebody who is looking to replace several teeth. The best way to learn what the cost of your procedure will be is to schedule a consultation with Dr. Saleh. During your visit, our team will outline your customized treatment plan and walk you through the pricing.
Maintaining & Caring for Your Dental Implant
Dental implants have the potential to last a lifetime. However, their lifespan heavily depends on how well you take care of them. Thankfully, caring for your dental implant is just as easy as keeping your natural teeth strong and healthy! Below, we’ve listed the five best ways to care for your dental implant that will help your smile look and feel its best for decades to come!
Make Oral Hygiene a Priority
Your dental implant can’t get a cavity like a natural tooth, but it’s still essential to practice great oral hygiene! If not just for the sake of your remaining teeth, a buildup of plaque and bacteria can infect the gums and supportive tissues around your dental implant and cause it to come loose. To keep your natural teeth and dental implant firmly in place, be sure to:
- Brush for two minutes twice a day
- Floss between all your teeth daily
- Rinse with mouthwash regularly
Eat a Healthy Diet
Dental implants can help you regain 70% or more of your natural biting force, making it easy and comfortable for you to eat all your favorite foods. However, it’s important that you refrain from overindulging in sugary foods and very hard foods. These could damage the restoration on your implant and increase your risk of gum disease. Instead, eat plenty of foods with calcium and vitamin C to keep your mouth healthy.
Break Bad Habits
While dental implants are incredibly strong, there are a few destructive bad habits that could ultimately break, loosen, or otherwise cause your dental implant to fail. Once you’ve rebuilt your smile, it’s time to break bad habits like:
- Smoking or chewing tobacco products
- Chewing on ice, nuts, pen caps, fingernails, and other hard objects
- Using your teeth to open packages or containers
Protect Your Dental Implants
Do you play sports? A stray elbow to the face or a sudden fall could be enough to knock your dental implant loose. Make sure to wear a custom-made mouthguard while you play sports to ensure both your dental implant and your natural teeth stay fully intact.
Do you grind your teeth in your sleep? This condition is called bruxism, and the extra pressure it exerts on your teeth could crack your restoration or weaken your dental implant. Thankfully, a custom-made nightguard will help protect your smile while you sleep and help your body overcome this problem.
Schedule Regular Dental Checkups
Whether you’ve replaced one tooth with dental implants or all your teeth, you should come visit us for a regular dental checkup every six months. Even if your teeth look and feel fine to you, these routine visits allow us to monitor your dental implant and catch any problems as early as possible. Of course, the main goal of these visits is to prevent any oral health issues from developing in the first place! We’ll make sure that your dental implant and any remaining teeth are sparkling and healthy for many years to come.